[Dovecot] Best Cluster Storage

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Jan 21 19:16:33 EET 2011

On 20/01/2011 16:20, Henrique Fernandes wrote:

> Same question!
>
> I have about 1TB used and it takes 22 hrs to backup maildirs!
>
> I have problens with ocfs2 in fouding the file!

Just an idea, but have you evaluated performance of mdbox (new dovecot
format) on your storage devices?  It appears to be a gentle hybrid of
mbox and maildir, with many mails packed into a single file (which might
increase your performance due to fewer stat calls), but there is more
than one file per folder, so some of the mbox limitations are avoided?

I haven't personally tried it, but I think you can see the theoretical
appeal?

Good luck

Ed W