[Dovecot] Dovecot Update on Ubuntu from 1.0.10 to 1.2 doesn't work

franc walter francwalter at gmx.de
Mon Jan 24 13:27:07 EET 2011

> I will try this later. But now i have a much bigger problem: dovecot still
> doesn't get mails although i downgraded it.

I found it myself. When downgrading i changed the setting for the logfile:

log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-info.log

But the permission was 600 and owner-group was root. So postfix couldn't
write in it and gave an error in mail.log:

(temporary failure. Command output: Can't open log file
/var/log/dovecot-info.log: Permission denied )

After setting the logs to 666 it was ok.