[Dovecot] Iphone IMAP access

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
Wed Jan 26 14:25:42 EET 2011

On Qua, 26 Jan 2011, Frank Bonnet wrote:
> When I use my iphone to access my IMAP folders I can see ALL folders
> in my userland and not only those listed in .subscriptions file ...
>
> Anyone has an explaination of this ?
>
> Might be a security/confidentiality hole isn't it ?

I don't own an iPhone, but I remember reading that that's the way it is.

You can complain to Apple. If you are lucky, you might get a rude
response from Steve Jobs himself.

Or you could look for another mail client that honours subscriptions.
But I'm not sure if the App Store allows other mail clients that
"compete" with the built-in one.

--
/*
  * Buddy system. Hairy. You really aren't expected to understand this

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo at kalinowski.com.br