[Dovecot] Iphone IMAP access

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Jan 26 16:20:40 EET 2011

Am 26.01.2011 15:13, schrieb Frank Bonnet:
> On 01/26/2011 03:03 PM, Robert Schetterer wrote:

>>> Oh yeah, I remembered something about that on the imap-protocol mailing
>>> list. Here it is:
>>>
>>> http://mailman2.u.washington.edu/pipermail/imap-protocol/2010-October/001294.html
>>>

>>> The attached mail from mr. Jobs (there is a url at the bottom) is what
>>> you want to look at.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Stephan.
>> apple has a long tradition of imap bugs, dont by it , dont use it, dont
>> recommend for imap use
>>

> what do I do ??? sells my new Iphone 4 and get an Android ?
> :-)

i simply dont mail with mobiles , getting off my pc is free time
i never would like to have mail everywhere *g

is their alternate imap client in apple app store
like k9 in android ( which native mail app is not much better then apples )

these companies m$, apple, google have no real intension
that you use other mail then their services/servers etc
dont await change in this

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer