[Dovecot] Multiple Concurrent IMAP Connections For Same User

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 26 16:42:03 EET 2011

On 26.1.2011, at 12.47, Nigel Webber wrote:

> How can I get the courier behaviour where the inbox in one email client automagically reflects the changes made to that inbox in another client?

Try talking IMAP protocol manually:

telnet localhost 143
a login user pass
b select inbox
c idle

Then do changes in another client. Are any written to the telnet session?

mailbox_idle_check_interval is the only setting related to this, and since you have set it to 5 seconds it really should be sending changes. If no changes are sent, I guess it's a bug in v1.2.9.