[Dovecot] Offtopic: Mac Mail Autoconfigure

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Jan 26 17:40:40 EET 2011

Am 26.01.2011 15:37, schrieb Brad Hards:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 04:15:24 am stefan novak wrote:
>> Does anybody know howto autoconfigure Mac Mail als ISP Provider.
>> We have troubles with the default Settings of Mac Mail (POP3s with
>> APOP) and want to change them via autodiscover.
> I'm not sure if its the same "autodiscover", but if you're seeing HTTP get /
> put to autodiscover as a hostname, then its probably the microsoft mail
> autodiscover protocol.
>
> That is document in MS-OXDISCO and MS-OXDSCLI specs, which you can download off
> MSDN. The first spec shows how to find what the query location is, and the other
> shows the XML blobs you send / parse. See
> http://tracker.openchange.org/projects/openchange/wiki/Autodiscover_investigation
> for an example.
>
> So you can probably make your DNS and web server create the right XML blob for
> whatever configuration you'd like to give to the client (assuming that the
> client is something that knows how to do the microsoft autodiscover protocol).
>
> Brad

last time i looked in this  some iphone users reported not to work
( may changed now )
with active sync windows/microsoft mobile autodiscover working
after all you check your auto setup here for outlook and win mobiles

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

in php this is something like
this for outlook isp styled
on apache vhosts with aliases ( or may use iis which should default
layouts for this ),
and related dns entries

<?php
//get raw POST data so we can extract the email address
$data = file_get_contents("php://input");
preg_match("/\<EMailAddress\>(.*?)\<\/EMailAddress\>/", $data, $matches);

//set Content-Type
header("Content-Type: application/xml");
?>
<Autodiscover
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006">
  <Response
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/outlook/responseschema/2006a">
    <Account>
      <AccountType>email</AccountType>
      <Action>settings</Action>
      <Protocol>
        <Type>IMAP</Type>
        <Server>imap.mailspooler.com</Server>
        <Port>993</Port>
        <LoginName><?php echo $matches[1]; ?></LoginName>
        <DomainRequired>off</DomainRequired>
        <SPA>off</SPA>
        <SSL>on</SSL>
        <AuthRequired>on</AuthRequired>
      </Protocol>
<Protocol>
<Type>POP3</Type>
<Server>pop.mailspooler.com</Server>
<Port>995</Port>
<DomainRequired>off</DomainRequired>
<DomainName></DomainName>
<SPA>off</SPA>
<SSL>on</SSL>
<AuthRequired>on</AuthRequired>
</Protocol>
      <Protocol>
        <Type>SMTP</Type>
        <Server>smtp.mailspooler.com</Server>
        <Port>465</Port>
        <LoginName><?php echo $matches[1]; ?></LoginName>
        <DomainRequired>off</DomainRequired>
        <SPA>off</SPA>
        <SSL>on</SSL>
        <AuthRequired>on</AuthRequired>