[Dovecot] Best Cluster Storage

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Wed Jan 26 22:42:27 EET 2011

Luben Karavelov put forth on 1/26/2011 1:21 PM:

> Finaly we scrapped the ocfs2 setup and moved to less advanced setup:
> We created distinct volumes for every worker on the SAN, formated it with with
> XFS. The volumes got mounted on different mountpoints on workers. We setup a
> Pacemaker as cluster manager on the workers, so if worker dies its volume
> gets mounted on another worker and its service IP is brought up there.
>
> As a result we are using a fraction of the IO compared with OCFS, the wait time
> on the workers dropped significantly, the service got better.

That's obviously not a "perfectly" load balanced system, but it is an intriguing
solution nonetheless.  XFS will obviously be much faster than OCFS2.

Are you using the "-o delaylog" mount option?  Are you seeing an increase in
metadata performance due to it?

--
Stan