[Dovecot] Thunderbird doesn't popup on new mail

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 28 03:23:09 EET 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 08:54 +0200, Adrian Stoica wrote:
> I have a question : i've upgrade dovecot from 1.1.4 to 2.0.9 and
> everything is fine except thunderbird clients , that no longer show a
> popup when new mail arrives. Anyone know why ?

No, but the main visible difference to clients is the IMAP CAPABILITY
string that is sent before login. Although v2.0.9 already has IDLE in
there as well, so I don't really know. You could anyway try setting
explicitly:

imap_capability = IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS QUOTA ACL