[Dovecot] Dovecot2 + Sieve

Philipp v. Strobl-Albeg philipp at pilarkto.net
Fri Jan 28 12:01:06 EET 2011

Hi,

i'm new on sieve, but want to use ist with sogo.

The Problem is, that when i set a redirect or vacation rule like:
redirect "email at example.com"; (real Adress is different)
the sieve says the mail would be forwarded, but no mail is sent. (No
Action in /var/log/maillog)
And because there is no Error-Message it's difficult to search for...

Dovecot log
-------
Jan 28 10:53:46 lda(ptest at pilarkto.com): Debug: sieve: using sieve path
for user's script: /var/mail/vhosts/test/.dovecot.sieve
Jan 28 10:53:46 lda(ptest at pilarkto.com): Debug: sieve: opening script
/var/mail/vhosts/test/.dovecot.sieve
Jan 28 10:53:46 lda(ptest at pilarkto.com): Debug: sieve: script binary
/var/mail/vhosts/test/.dovecot.svbin successfully loaded
Jan 28 10:53:46 lda(ptest at pilarkto.com): Debug: sieve: binary save: not
saving binary /var/mail/vhosts/test/.dovecot.svbin, because it is
already stored
Jan 28 10:53:46 lda(ptest at pilarkto.com): Debug: sieve: executing script
from /var/mail/vhosts/test/.dovecot.svbin
Jan 28 10:53:46 lda(ptest at pilarkto.com): Info: sieve:
msgid=<4D429227.3000004 at pilarkto.net>: forwarded to <email at example.com>
-----

Everything else works fine, except the program "mail". I dont know if
there is a coherence but a typical Mailserver-Test "date|mail -s test
email at example.com" also don't sent a message to postfix.

I hope you will held me out or even say me, if this is a bug or a
misconfiguration.

thanks a lot
Philipp