[Dovecot] dovecot ACL

PA razor at meganet.net
Fri Jan 28 20:45:39 EET 2011

Timo, thanks for the example I will use that for what I'm trying to
accomplish.

As for multiple shared namespaces if I have two shared namespaces in dovecot
2.x the second shared namespace never works. For example if the 1st shared
namespace is

namespace {
  type = shared
  separator = /
  prefix = domain1.com/%%u/
  location =
maildir:/var/vmail/domain1.com/%%u:CONTROL=/var/vmail/%d/controlprivate/%%u:
INDEX=/var/vmail/%d/sharedindexprivate/%%u
  subscriptions = no
  ##list = children
  list = yes

this will work perfectly, users in domain1.com will create a shared folder
and those users in domain1.com will see the share in the subscription
options (thunderbird/squirrelmail etc) under
domain1.com/email_address/share_name.

However when I create another shared namespace like the one below users in
domain2.com never get to see the shared folder they just see domain2.com/%u

namespace {
  type = shared
  separator = /
  prefix = domain2.com/%%u/
  location =
maildir:/var/vmail/domain2.com/%%u:CONTROL=/var/vmail/%d/controlprivate/%%u:
INDEX=/var/vmail/%d/sharedindexprivate/%%u
  subscriptions = no
  ##list = children
  list = yes

It's not a big deal now that I know I can use your method above but I was
wondering if you have any thoughts

Thanks again, Paul