[Dovecot] sql : uid, gid, home ignored ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jan 30 18:18:56 EET 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 11:18 +0100, Hurricane wrote:

> 2011-01-30 11:06:12auth: Debug: sql(theuser at mysite.com,1.2.3.4): query:
> SELECT username AS user, password, home AS userdb_home, uid AS userdb_uid,
> id AS userdb_gid, home, uid, gid FROM user WHERE username = 'theuser' AND
> domain = 'mysite.com' AND active = 'Y'

You have too much stuff in there. userdb_* fields are used if you enable
userdb prefetch. It doesn't look like you've enabled it. The
uid/home/gid are completely ignored in password_query.

> 2011-01-30 11:06:12auth: Debug: auth(theuser at mysite.com,1.2.3.4): username
> changed theuser at mysite.com -> theuser

It's unlikely you want this either, so select also "domain" field.

You didn't show your dovecot -n output so I don't know what userdb
you're using, but I guess it's userdb static. Switch to userdb sql and
it'll use user_query. (And maybe for optimization userdb prefetch too.)