[Dovecot] Thunderbird doesn't popup on new mail - SOLVED

Adrian Stoica adrian.stoica at dacris.net
Mon Jan 31 08:36:28 EET 2011

It seems that deleting all files from Maildir with name begining with
dovecot , will fix this issue.
Ex :
rm ~/Maildir/dovecot*

Those files will be recreated by dovecot (dovecot-keywords ,
dovecot-uidlist  ,dovecot.index , etc )and from now on , the thunderbird
will notify about every new mail.

Adrian

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 08:54 +0200, Adrian Stoica wrote:
> I have a question : i've upgrade dovecot from 1.1.4 to 2.0.9 and
> everything is fine except thunderbird clients , that no longer show a
> popup when new mail arrives. Anyone know why ?

No, but the main visible difference to clients is the IMAP CAPABILITY
string that is sent before login. Although v2.0.9 already has IDLE in
there as well, so I don't really know. You could anyway try setting
explicitly:

imap_capability = IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND
UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE
QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS QUOTA ACL