[Dovecot] Particular user post-login hang

Henry C. henka at cityweb.co.za
Mon Jan 31 13:50:00 EET 2011

> On 31.1.2011, at 13.15, Henry C. wrote:
>
>> In a nutshell:  User authenticates OK, then the imap process hangs.
>
> imap process, or the client?..

Thanks for the quick feedback.

The imap process is waiting on the event poll, so I suppose it's not
really hung.  Who/what process is talking on the other end?  I can then do
some more scratching around...

>> Rawlog looks good
>> epoll_wait(0x8, 0x806c4f8, 0x6, 0x1b708d
>
> Dovecot is just waiting for more commands here.
>
> To me everything here points to a client problem.

By client, I presume you're referring to the process which is talking to
imap (or some other process/intermediary)?  That'll be the imap-proxy.
Only problem is everything works flawlessly if I login with a different
user, using the same software/etc.

Thanks