[Dovecot] Particular user post-login hang

Henry C. henka at cityweb.co.za
Mon Jan 31 16:59:32 EET 2011

On Mon, January 31, 2011 16:06, Timo Sirainen wrote:

>>> Dovecot is just waiting for more commands here.
>>>

>>> To me everything here points to a client problem.
>>>

>> By client, I presume you're referring to the process which is talking to
>> imap (or some other process/intermediary)?
>
>> From imap process's point of view that would be the IMAP client. Or if it's
>> SSL connection then it's imap-login process that's proxying the SSL
>> traffic.
>
>> That'll be the imap-proxy.
>>

> Which proxy? Dovecot or something else?

up-imapproxy (http://squirrelmail.org/download.php#imap_proxy).

However, I tried bypassing the proxy completely and connected directly.  It
does the same thing.

>> Only problem is everything works flawlessly if I login with a different
>> user, using the same software/etc.
>
> Which client?

Squirrelmail - sorry should have mentioned that from the start.

What's odd is that this only seems to occur with this one particular login.
Everything else I've tested with works fine.