[Dovecot] Smart IMAP proxying with imapc storage

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 31 19:30:24 EET 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 04:05 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 20:17 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > > I just committed a very early initial implementation of "imapc" storage
> > > backend to v2.1 hg: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1
> >
> >  * SSL/TLS support to remote server

Implemented. I tested with gmail:

mail_location = imapc:imap.gmail.com
plugin {
  pass = secret
  imapc_user = user at gmail.com
  imapc_port = 993
  imapc_ssl_ca_dir = /etc/ssl/certs

  # If you want to use STARTTLS (with port 143), set:
  #imapc_ssl_starttls = yes
}

So in above config /etc/ssl/certs/ contains all the valid CA certs. The
code requires a valid certificate to exist, but doesn't currently verify
that the name actually matches imap.gmail.com. I really need to put that
code there soon so I won't forget it..