[Dovecot] Best filesystem?

Frank Cusack frank+lists/dovecot at linetwo.net
Mon Jan 31 23:13:47 EET 2011

On 1/30/11 5:07 PM -0600 Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> To be clear, for any subscribers who haven't followed all of the various
> filesystem and data security threads, with any modern *nix system, you
> WILL lose data when power fails.

No, you won't, at least not necessarily.

I know I'm replying with just about the same content multiple times
but there are multiple messages where you are spreading this
misinformation.

It is possible to configure a file system to not suffer from data
loss on power loss, and for mail stores that is generally the
desired behavior.