[Dovecot] A question about director_user_expire (was Re: auth error using director)

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Fri Jul 1 14:56:31 EEST 2011

	Sorry. I have solved the problem. I haven't uncommented the mode
directives for the director service, so, I guess, I had a permissions
problem.

	Just a question about director... The main purpose of it it's to ensure
that all connections from a user are directed to the same backend
server, so you could rely on correct indexes and minimize index
regenerations.

	But, I could see there is director_user_expire option, with a default
value of 15 minutes. By other way, If I run doveadm director status
<user> I could see that there is a hashed server.

	Does it means that there is no warrantee that if I connect today to
server node1 the connection for tomorrow will be directed to the same
server (because this timeout would expire)?

	Or does it means that whenever as possible I will be directed to this
hashed server and I will be directed to other server just when my hashed
server is down (or I have another active session because of a previous
downtime)?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática