[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0.13 problem with LMTP

Innocenzi, Cinzia cinzia.innocenzi at hp.com
Mon Jul 4 21:58:28 EEST 2011

Hello Timo,

I'm sorry I haven't replied before, but I've been investigating as much as possible on this problem, and, for a moment, I thought I came up with something...

Thanks to Simone Caruso's hint, I've been doing some checks on LMTP-LDAP connections, since I would always get an LDAP error in the dovecot proxy's logfile.

Furthermore, I found out that the back end nodes didn't have resolv.conf aligned properly. So I blamed the errors to this misconfiguration, especially because as soon as I aligned resolv.conf, the three stuck mails I had in the queue this morning got delivered immediately!

Unfortunately, this is not the case.

I applied the three patches you provided to front end proxies and back end nodes.

I have a stuck mail that will not get delivered! I'm attaching the logs.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

CINZIA INNOCENZI
Technical Consulting
HP Enterprise Services
Telephone +39 06.6542.5758
Email cinzia.innocenzi at hp.com
Via Achille Campanile, 85 / Rome, Italy  00143