[Dovecot] Many "Error: Corrupted index cache file /XXX/dovecot.index.cache: invalid record size"

Florent Bautista florent at coppint.com
Tue Jul 5 18:46:40 EEST 2011

Hi all,

I just joigned this list, so I'm sorry if this problem has already been
reported.

I'm running Dovecot 2.0.13 on many servers, one for POP/IMAP access,
others for LDA, others for authentification only, etc.

All servers are accessing a shared file system, based on MooseFS
(www.moosefs.org). The FS is mounted using FUSE.

All my Dovecot servers have this configuration :

mail_fsync = always
mail_nfs_index = yes
mail_nfs_storage = yes
mmap_disable = yes

(as adviced for NFS installation).

But I'm still getting errors like this in POP/IMAP logs :
Error: Corrupted index cache file
/my_moosefs_fs/domain/user/indexes/.INBOX/dovecot.index.cache: invalid
record size

Sometimes my Dovecot LDA repairs these files, but then it happens again...

All my servers are running Debian 6 over KVM virtualization.

Have you ever encountered this ? Do you think this is a Dovecot problem
or MooseFS problem ?

Thank you a lot for your answers.

--

Florent Bautista

Ce message et ses éventuelles pièces jointes sont personnels,
confidentiels et à l'usage exclusif de leur destinataire.
Si vous n'êtes pas la personne à laquelle ce message est destiné,
veuillez noter que vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur et qu'il vous
est strictement interdit d'utiliser, de diffuser, de transférer,
d'imprimer ou de copier ce message.

This e-mail and any attachments hereto are strictly personal,
confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.