[Dovecot] Converting from qpopper mbox to dovecot maildir

list at airstreamcomm.net list at airstreamcomm.net
Tue Jul 5 20:52:13 EEST 2011

We have an older mail server using qpopper and the mbox format which we
need to update to dovecot and maildir format.  I have read through the docs
on migrating from mbox to maildir, as well as a few nuggets on how to
migrate from qpopper to dovecot, and I was wondering if I could get some
suggestions on best practices for this specific migration.  Would the built
in dovecot conversion plugin be a viable method to migrate users?  We will
be migrating to dovecot 2.0.12 from qpopper 4.0.5.

Thanks.