[Dovecot] Dovecot communication with sasl in dovecot source code

Meisam Navaki mnavaki at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 14:43:36 EEST 2011

Actually,I want to disable authentication in dovecot.I don't want dovecot to
authenticate.For that,I'm looking for into dovecot source code to find where
dovecot compares passwords or do something like this.I found fuction named
sasl_serever_auth_begin,but I couldn't understand what does it exactly do.

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 12:07 +0430, Meisam Navaki wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I'm reading dovecot source codes(2.0.13),and I need to know how dovecot
> > communicate with sasl?
>
> For what purpose? Dovecot's login process communicates with auth process
> via http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Design/AuthProtocol
>
> > I traced the source code from cmd_login function,and found out something
> > about sasl_callback.
> > but i never found where this function called and also I couldn't
> understand
> > how sasl inform the dovecot from authentication result.
> > I'll be thankful if someone could help me out.
>
> The code is a bit tricky jumping all around.. I can help more if you
> tell me what it is that you actually want to do.

*Regards
Meisam Navaki Arefi,
*
*System Programmer,