[Dovecot] Dovecot indexes

Mike Prispan fr.prop at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 13:35:15 EEST 2011

Hi,

could someone answer my following questions about dovecot indexes?

- If I delete dovecot indexes, it recreates them without any problem, right?
- If dovecot recreates indexes, it does not affect users (they don't
have to download all emails again, seen flag is not lost etc.) or is
there any problem?
- If I use mail_location = ...:INDEX=MEMORY, it recreates indexes
every time dovecot is (re)started, right? Does it have any negative
effect except performance/resources?
- Is there any difference in indexes for mbox and maildir (related to
previous questions)?

Thanks
Mike