[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0.13 and removing IMAP folders in thunderbird

Christian Roessner c at g33k5.de
Sun Jul 10 19:00:34 EEST 2011

Hi,

I use Dovecot-2.0.13 with mdbox and Thunderbird (IMAP). I have dozens of
imap folders and sometimes I wish to delete several folders:

First Problem:

If I remove a folder under TB, it get moved to my Trash folder. After
that I close TB, which also purges the trash. When I come back, the
deleted folder and its content is still there. There is no way to remove
it with TB. On the server side I see that the folder is listed under
mailboxes/Trash and in the subscriptions file, a last line shows that
Trash/foldername is subscribed. If I remove that line and the
mailboxes-folder, then TB is happy again.

Second problem:

If I have two folders a and b, both containing a folder example:

a/example
b/example

I only can delete one folder. By deleting the second one, the IMAP
server tells me that there already exists on folder named example.

I am not sure, if this is thunderbird or dovecot related, but both
problems are really annoying. Am I missing some configuration?

Thunderbird is Ubuntu's packaged version 3.1.10.

Thanks for any ideas and help in advance and don't get me wrong: I
really love dovecot ;-)

Best wishes
Christian
--