[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0.13 and removing IMAP folders in thunderbird

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon Jul 11 10:37:24 EEST 2011

Am 10.07.2011 18:00, schrieb Christian Roessner:
> Hi,
>
> I use Dovecot-2.0.13 with mdbox and Thunderbird (IMAP). I have dozens of
> imap folders and sometimes I wish to delete several folders:
>
> First Problem:
>
> If I remove a folder under TB, it get moved to my Trash folder. After
> that I close TB, which also purges the trash. When I come back, the
> deleted folder and its content is still there. There is no way to remove
> it with TB. On the server side I see that the folder is listed under
> mailboxes/Trash and in the subscriptions file, a last line shows that
> Trash/foldername is subscribed. If I remove that line and the
> mailboxes-folder, then TB is happy again.

yes , this sometimees happens, manual unsubscribe with/in TB an restart
fixes this in most cases, no need to edit subscript file

( sometimes after heavy tests and reconfigures etc i edited the
subscript file anyway )

> Second problem:
>
> If I have two folders a and b, both containing a folder example:
>
> a/example
> b/example
>
> I only can delete one folder. By deleting the second one, the IMAP
> server tells me that there already exists on folder named example.

ok this is a move/copy to trash, there cant be 2 folders under trash with
same names

> I am not sure, if this is thunderbird or dovecot related, but both
> problems are really annoying. Am I missing some configuration?
>
> Thunderbird is Ubuntu's packaged version 3.1.10.

just tested with tb5
your first case didnt happend in my tests, but i know it from 3.1.x

> Thanks for any ideas and help in advance and don't get me wrong: I
> really love dovecot ;-)

i am nearly sure this is no dovecot problem, for info i use maildirs

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria