[Dovecot] PgSQL+TLS

Christian Roessner c at g33k5.de
Tue Jul 19 22:50:33 EEST 2011

Hi,

> ,--[ http://wiki2.dovecot.org/ACL ]--
> | … but currently Dovecot supports only virtual ACL files. …
> `--

I did not see this line ;-)

> Yes, dictionaries can be stored in sql backends.

Yes, ldd told me

>>         ./configure --with-ldap \
>>                     --with-ssl=openssl \
>>                     --with-pgsql \
>>                     --with-mysql \
>>                     --with-sqlite \
>>                     --with-gssapi \
>>                     --with-ioloop=best \
>>                     --host=$(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE) \
>>                     --build=$(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE) \
>>                     --prefix=/usr \
>>                     --sysconfdir=/etc \
>>                     --libexecdir=\$${prefix}/lib \
>>                     --localstatedir=/var \
>>                     --mandir=\$${prefix}/share/man \
>>                     --infodir=\$${prefix}/share/info \
>>                     --with-moduledir=\$${prefix}/lib/dovecot/modules
>
> You could remove --with-mysql and --with-sqlite when you are using ldap
> and pgsql only.

Currently I provide Ubuntu/lucid packages for Dovecot/Pigeonhole in my
Launchpad-PPA, therefor I need support for all kind of databases ;-)

While you answered this mail, I debugged the whole source and saw that
under src/plugins/acl no sql backends exist :-) So if you would not had
pointed me to the fact that there is no support yet, I would had asked
this question next :-)

Thanks very much for your helful answer

Christian
--