[Dovecot] dovecot2 on Snow Leopard trouble

Denis J. Cirulis denis at opensource.lv
Wed Jul 20 22:28:41 EEST 2011

Hello list,

I have one task to complete - to install and configure imap server on
Mac Mini OS X 10.6.8. I'm not new to dovecot, so the favorite imap
server is dovecot. Are there any special settings running dovecot on OS
X ?

I've compiled dovecot 2.0.13 with mysql5 and openssl via macports.
Configured virtual users from mysql and turned on all debug, but when I
connect to this server via MUA I'm receiving the message "Mailbox
locked. Next try in XX seconds" or something like that. No errors in
dovecot.log, clean auth process, correct data (passwords,spool dirs)
from mysql. Same configuration works on Linux,FreeBSD and Solaris like a
charm.

What can be a problem running on OS X ?