[Dovecot] Dovecot2 Antispam plugin questions

Tom Hendrikx tom at whyscream.net
Fri Jul 22 02:24:06 EEST 2011

On 22/07/11 01:02, Steve Fatula wrote:
>> I use the dspam plugin on my install: it only sends the signature.
>

> Cool, so, this is efficient then though not instant of course.
>
> I had to change permissions of the dspam binary to 4511. Is that what you had to do? Otherwise, the logged in user couldn't run dspam.

If you want an efficient and fast setup, you'll probably want to run
dspam as a daemon process. This means you can use dspamc as the client
binary for the plugin config.

This gives the plugin better response times (small binary), and the
dspamc binary needs no fiddling with permissions in order to let it
switch uids (as the daemon does all the hard work).

--
Regards,
	Tom