[Dovecot] set delay between pop3-logins

tonjg tonj at freeuk.com
Mon Jul 25 21:05:11 EEST 2011

I'm using dovecot 1.1.8 on a raq4 server running centos 4.8
Is it possible to set a time delay between all dovecot pop3-logins? say 20 -
30 seconds for example?
My reason is I want to thwart the constant login attempts from hackers
hunting for an open relay. It's no  good blocking the ip address because
every hack attempt comes in from a different address. I'm the only user on
the server so no-one else would be affected by such a delay. Thanks for any
pointers