[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0.x + Sendmail 8.14.4 SMTP AUTH not working

Serhiy Kolesnyk skolesnyk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 04:52:11 EEST 2011

Yep, I didn't pay enough attention to that. I've setup SMTP AUTH via
cyrus-SASL-sql. Works fine.

I try to do the same with Dovecot's Password verification by SQL
server. Which "default_pass_scheme = " I should set? Password is
stored as plain text in the db table field. Client (Outlook)
authenticates with PLAIN login via POP3s. I guest pass_scheme should
be also set to PLAIN ?