[Dovecot] This is appear a fts bug

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jun 3 16:40:22 EEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 10:44 +0200, Antonio Perez-Aranda wrote:
> I have checked this on dovecot 2.0.9 and 2.0.13 with fts-solr without patching.
>
> If you execute the follow IMAP script, then the imap process die by
> and a "assert"
>
> . select "inbox."

This is the first bug. It shouldn't have succeeded. Fixed now in hg. But
another way to trigger this bug is to have e.g. a public namespace with
"Public." prefix. If you now select "Public" it still crashes here:

> When  the log in dovecot says:
>    (fts_backend_solr_init): assertion failed: (*box_name != '\0')

I wonder if this works correctly simply by removing the assert check..
I'd guess Solr can compare empty strings just as well as non-empty
strings?