[Dovecot] dsync: Invalid mailbox first_recent_uid

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jun 3 17:25:33 EEST 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 23:25 -0700, David Jonas wrote:

>   dsync-local(djonas at vitalwerks.com): Error: Invalid mailbox input from
>   worker server: Invalid mailbox first_recent_uid
>
> The local uid is 8989 and the remote uid is 89. I added "first_valid_uid
> = 89" to the local conf but to no avail. Local version is 2.0.12, remote
> is 2.0.1.

That's actually the problem. They talk slightly different protocols.. I
guess I should have added a version number to the protocol. Although
even then you would have only gotten "protocol version mismatch" error.

You could simply copy v2.0.12's dsync to the remote server and it should
work fine, as long as you're not using any plugins.