[Dovecot] deliver doesn't find adress/inbox

Martin Benkenstein martin.benkenstein at fh-zwickau.de
Wed Jun 8 03:34:08 EEST 2011

I'm trying to make dovecot 1.2.15, deliver, openLDAP, exim and fetchmail
work together on an Debian Squeeze (virtual) maschine. The connection
between dovecot and LDAP seems to be working, I can logon from
Thunderbird (IMAP) and my maildir is created automatically. So far so good.

But when I download the mails via fetchmail, it seems that deliver
cannot find the correct mailbox for the X-Envelope-To entry in the
header. fetchmail downloads all mails for the domain from one account
(config below) and hands them over to exim. I configured exim addording
to the wiki entry (http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Exim Virtual Users /
Single UID).
The mail is sent back to the account which is fetched by fetchmail.
There is a header entry X-Fetchmail-Warning: no recipient addresses
matched declared local names. The fetchmail-log itself is worthless.

What am I doing wrong? At which does the system try to look up the
mailaddress and fails?

Thank you in advance
Martin

Configuration details:

# dovecot -n
# 1.2.15: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.32-5-686 i686 Debian 6.0.1 ext3
log_path: /var/log/dovecot.log
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
mail_privileged_group: mail
mail_location: maildir:/var/mail/dovecot/%n@%d/maildir/
mbox_write_locks: fcntl dotlock
lda:
   postmaster_address: postfrau at pti857.dyndns.info
   hostname: pti857.dyndns.info
   log_path: /var/log/dovecot-deliver-errors.log
   info_log_path: /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log
   sendmail_path: /usr/sbin/sendmail
   auth_socket_path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
auth default:
   verbose: yes
   passdb:
     driver: ldap
     args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
   userdb:
     driver: static
     args: uid=1002 gid=1002 home=/var/mail/dovecot/%n@%d/home
   socket:
     type: listen
     master:
       path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
       mode: 384
       user: dovecotvmail

/etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
###
hosts = localhost
dn = cn=admin,dc=tuced,dc=local
dnpass = toor
auth_bind = yes
ldap_version = 3
base = ou=users, dc=tuced, dc=local

  /etc/fetchmailrc
####
set daemon 300  # Pool every 5 minutes
set postmaster root
set no bouncemail
defaults:
timeout 300
antispam -1
batchlimit 100
set no syslog
set logfile "/var/log/fetchmail.log"
poll mail.domain.de proto pop3 localdomains some.domain.org:
         envelope "X-Envelope-To:"
         timeout 30
         user postman at some.domain.org
         password secret
         is *

/etc/exim4/conf.d/transport/30_exim4-config_dovecot_lda
###
dovecot_virtual_delivery:
   driver = pipe
   command = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $local_part@$domain
-f $sender_address -a $original_local_part@$original_domain
   message_prefix =
   message_suffix =
   delivery_date_add
   envelope_to_add
   return_path_add
   log_output
   user = dovecotvmail
   temp_errors = 64 : 69 : 70: 71 : 72 : 73 : 74 : 75 : 78