[Dovecot] possible bug leading to lmtp crashes

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 13:38:06 EEST 2011

On 06/07/2011 06:18 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 22:57 -0600, Trever L. Adams wrote:
>>
>> Ok, I think I have figured out the cause, but no the problem in the
>> code. There were three machines TS, PP, ST. TS and ST had identical
>> configurations with auth_username_format = %Lu. PP had it = %u. PP
>> started crashing when I changed it to %Lu.
> I don't see why that would matter, but I think this will help:
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/c0734f08b3f3

It may be too early to be certain, but in 13 hours I haven't seen a
crash on any of the three machines. This indeed may have fixed it all.
How strange that various things seemed to be the cause and ... well...
weren't.

Thank you. I will let you know in about 2 days time if the fix was complete.

Again, thank you,
Trever
--
"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow is too far for me. Today is what I have,
and what I fight for." -- Unknown