[Dovecot] sieve script tracing

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Jun 8 13:50:34 EEST 2011

On 6/6/2011 10:38 AM, Maciej Uhlig wrote:
> W dniu 2011-06-06 00:56, Stephan Bosch pisze:
>>
>> If you have a sample message, you can use the sieve-test tool for
>> that. You can check the individual steps the interpreter takes while
>> processing the message. Refer to the man page for more info.
>>

> Thanks. It could be really helpful in case of script testing. But I'm
> rather interested in statistics (which rule most probably causes mail
> discarding).

I've made the vnd.dovecot.debug extension available for the LDA Sieve
plugin. This allows logging debug messages to the user's personal
logfile (typically ~/.dovecot.sieve.log). It's currently only explained
in the sieve-test man page. This change will be included in the next
release.

Regards,

Stephan.