[Dovecot] On-delivery deduplication?

Heiko Schlittermann hs at schlittermann.de
Thu Jun 9 00:46:25 EEST 2011

Hello Tom,

Tom Hendrikx <tom at whyscream.net> (Wed Jun  8 23:17:29 2011):
(…)
> > OTOH, if you need such feature, it shouln't be too challenging to write
> > a MDA replacement, that decides about duplicity and finally passes the
> > remaining messages to the Dovecot MDA.
> >

> This happens because the person replying uses either the reply, or the
> reply-to-all button in his MUA. The MUA should honour the headers of the
> message it replies to, and most of the time MUAs do that.

I understand what you're explaining. But I do not understand how it is
related to duplicated messages.

BTW and OT: the MUA agent I'm using (mutt) knows "list reply" feature, it works
independent on From/Reply-To header fields. Using just "reply" in
presence of a Reply-To header field, it asks if it's my intention to
send the reply to somebody else than the originator. And it knows "group
reply", that's the same as "reply all" in other MUA. And finally it
knows a "bounce", sometimes known as "resend" - not to be confused with
forward. It just lacks a shiny *G*ui.

Greetings from Dresden,
--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B