[Dovecot] On-delivery deduplication?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jun 9 01:13:07 EEST 2011

Only kind of relevant to this thread, but:

I hate this whole idea of being able to tell where messages should be replied to. Basically the rule seems to be "don't give me a separate notification if the email reply was sent to me 0-2 weeks after I sent the originating message, but do send it if it was sent after that". Of course no one can know how long you actually bother to follow the mailing list, usually not even you. The only exception are people like me and [2-10] other people who really do follow it year after year. Perhaps I should remove the feature from my patched mailman, although then maybe I'd have to figure out how to implement it for myself to the clients I use.. Oh well.

(And while I'm complaining .. I hate just as much the bottom posts with everything quoted than top posts. At least with top posts I see what people are saying, but with bottom posts I have to scroll pagefuls of old text to see it. Try to put something new into the first pageful of the screen..)