[Dovecot] On-delivery deduplication?

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Thu Jun 9 16:04:46 EEST 2011

On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 08:31:26 -0400
Charles Marcus <CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com> articulated:

> On 2011-06-09 6:14 AM, Ed W wrote:
> > However! I found a useful plugin for Thunderbird (which I see you
> > don't use, but still).  It's called Quote Collapse and basically it
> > does what you might imagine, the indented bits of messages get
> > collapsed to just their first line (for context) and you get a ±
> > button to expand if you need to read the rest of the context.
> > Personally for me this makes bottom posting readable in general and
> > top posting is fine, and my preference then becomes "interleaved"
> > because it looks quite pretty with the collapsed quoting...
>
> Been using it since forever, and I agree, it is quite useful, although
> only for plain text messages that use proper quote characters...

Many MUAs such as "claws-mail" have that function build it. I use it
extensively on some list. I still find it hard to believe that some
moron will actually reply to a message with quadruple quotes or more and
not have the common sense to edit them out. I basically drop anything
over two levels when replying.

--
Jerry ✌
Dovecot.user at seibercom.net