[Dovecot] postfix dovecot spamassassin question

Dhaval Patel dhaval at patel.sh
Sat Jun 11 19:53:14 EEST 2011

I have an old server with postfix -> maildrop -> spamassassin -> courier setup.
I am installing a new server and would like to use dovecot instead of courier.
Currently I have postfix -> dovecot lda -> dovecot setup and emails are
delivered as expected. The problem is that I do not know how to get spamassassin
integrated into the mix since I am using the dovecot lda rather than maildrop. I
would rather keep things as simple as possible and not use maildrop + sendmail
just to use spamassasin but will if I have to.

So my question to the list is, how do you recommend me doing this? Are there any
documentation, howtos or tutorials which can help me configure this?

Below is the output of dovecot -n

Thanks,
Dhaval

------------dovecot -n---------------
# 1.2.15: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.32-5-686-bigmem i686 Debian 6.0.1 xfs
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
ssl_cert_file: /etc/ssl/certs/secure.consoe.com.pem
ssl_key_file: /etc/ssl/certs/secure.consoe.com.key
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
mail_privileged_group: mail
mail_location: maildir:/home/vmail/%u
mbox_write_locks: fcntl dotlock
namespace:
  type: private
  separator: .
  prefix: INBOX.
  inbox: yes
  list: yes
  subscriptions: yes
lda:
  postmaster_address: postmaster at patel.sh
  auth_socket_path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
  log_path: /home/vmail/dovecot-deliver.log
  mail_plugins: sieve
  global_script_path: /home/vmail/globalsieverc
auth default:
  mechanisms: plain login
  passdb:
    driver: sql