[Dovecot] Dovecot + qmail-ldap

Aydın Demirel aydin.demirel at endersys.com
Mon Jun 13 17:21:39 EEST 2011

Hi;

I installed latest dovecot version (2.0.13) and qmail pathed with
qmail-ldap on our systems. We want to use auth_dovecot binary
authentication for dovecot. My dovecot config is following:

auth_debug = yes
auth_debug_passwords = yes
auth_verbose = yes
base_dir = /var/run/dovecot
disable_plaintext_auth = no
first_valid_gid = 100
first_valid_uid = 100
last_valid_gid = 65000
last_valid_uid = 65000
listen = *
mail_debug = yes
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
mmap_disable = yes
protocols = imap pop3
service auth {
   executable = /opt/surmail/smtp/bin/auth_dovecot ./Maildir
   unix_listener auth-userdb {
     group = qmail
     user = root
   }
}
service imap-login {
   inet_listener imap {
     port = 143
   }
}
service pop3-login {
   inet_listener pop3 {
     port = 110
   }
}
ssl = no
verbose_proctitle = yes

But, unfortunately I can not connect port 110 via telnet and i'm getting
following error:

Jun 13 17:11:43 sms dovecot: master: Error: service(auth): child 31580
returned error 111
Jun 13 17:11:43 sms dovecot: master: Error: service(auth): command
startup failed, throttling

What can be the problem?

Regards..
--------------------------------

*Aydin Demirel
Endersys Ltd.
Sistem Destek Muhendisi / System Support Engineer *

Phone : +90 216-4709423
Fax : +90 216-4709508 | Web : http://www.endersys.com.tr
<http://www.endersys.com.tr/>

Blog : http://blog.endersys.com <http://blog.endersys.com/>
Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/endersys
LPI : The #1 Linux Certification for IT Professionals
LPI (Linux Professional Institute) Turkey http://www.lpi-turkey.com
<http://www.lpi-turkey.com/>

Endersys is the first Advanced Business partner of Red Hat in Turkey !
http://www.europe.redhat.com/partners/endersys/