[Dovecot] Waiting for authentication process to respond..

Peter Eriksson peter at ifm.liu.se
Wed Jun 15 15:40:51 EEST 2011

Hmm... I'm seeing a lot of:

 > * OK Waiting for authentication process to respond..
 > * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=GSS-SPNEGO] Welcome
to the IFM Dovecot Mail Server.

when IMAP clients connect to our server (ie that "Waiting for.." message
before the login OK message).

Now, most clients seems to handle this extra information message just
fine, but it still is annoying me. It doesn't appear all the time, but
pretty often...

What can I adjust/fix in order to make it go away?

System:

Sun Fire X4240, 32GB RAM, 2 Quad-Core Opteron 2356
Solaris 10 Update 9
Dovecot 2.0.13
Maildir on local (ZFS) storage

Normally about 200-300 unique users connected, around 400-600 mail
processes.
--
Peter Eriksson <peter at ifm.liu.se>   Phone: +46-705-18 27 86
Computer Systems Manager, IFM, Linköping University, Sweden