[Dovecot] Removal of mailist duplicates?

Ron Leach ronleach at tesco.net
Thu Jun 16 14:38:56 EEST 2011

Peter Bell wrote:

> When I receive a reply to a posting I make to a mailist (such as this
> one), replies I receive are usually sent to me with cc to the list.
>
> I would expect, then, to receive the message twice - once in my personal
> mailbox, and once to the mailist folder.  However, this doesn't happen -
> I only see the posting in the mailist folder.
>
> Can anyone tell me at which stage in the process the other message is
> being supressed?

I usually reply (all) to lists AND suppress the copy going to the OP.
  Such as in this case.  I would expect you NOT to receive a personal
reply.  'I' am suppressing the copy (in this case).  I would not be
surprised if other people do that.

OT: Sometimes, people posting replies only do 'reply', not 'reply
all', and so their posting never hits the list and, as a result,
others who are following the thread sometimes miss postings.

regards, Ron