[Dovecot] ZFS Filesystem Quota under Solaris 10 and Sparc

Roger Fujii rmf at lookhere.com
Fri Jun 17 06:32:27 EEST 2011

*Jürgen Obermann wrote:*
> Since we upgraded last year to Solaris 10 with zfs filesystems on our
> Sparc server still using a similar setup with separate filesystems for
> home directories and inboxes we have no working quota plugin anymore.
> Currently we use dovecot 2.0.13.
>
> Are there any plans or whishes to get the filesystem quota code
> working again under zfs and Solaris?

How are you setting up the zfs quotas?  The original zfs
implementation didn't have user quotas.  You could only
add quotas to individual file systems as a whole.   They apparently
added it into the source base in 2009:
    http://blogs.oracle.com/chrisg/entry/user_and_group_quotas_for
but I'm not sure when/if  it made it to production.
My sol10u8 * (10/09) has it in the man page, but I know some things
in the man page isn't in s10 (like sharesmb), so, as they say, ymmv.

The current doc for user quotas are here:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19253-01/819-5461/gazud/index.html

If you don't want to use the filesystem quotas, you have to change
your rules/configuration to match what dovecot has.  See
doc/wiki/Quota.Configuration.txt.    Hope this helps.

-r