[Dovecot] Out of office reminder with sieve

Johan Hendriks joh.hendriks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 12:39:30 EEST 2011

Stephan Bosch schreef:
> Op 20-6-2011 11:10, Johan Hendriks schreef:
>> I found in the wiki the out of office reminder option.
>> But the sample is looking for a .out-of-office file.
>> I can not find out how to create this file.
>> I use roundcube to set the out of office with sieve.
>>
>> what is the best way to implement this.
>
> Could you point me to that wiki page? I don't quite understand what
> you are talking about.
>
>> Second question, where are the addresses stored that have send an
>> e-mail to the user who has out of office set?
>
> This is recorded in ~/.dovecot.lda-dupes
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephan.
Off cource
Here is the part i am talking about.

    Alerts

If you want to give the user's client some warning notification, you can
do it just by writing it to stdout. But note:

    * Not all clients show the alerts, even though IMAP RFC requires it.
    * IMAP protocol requires CRLF (\r\n) line feeds. Some clients will
      break if you only send LF.

#!/bin/sh
if [ -f ~/.out-of-office ]; then
   printf "* OK [ALERT] You're still marked as being out of office.\r\n"
fi
exec "$@"

it is on this page.

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/PostLoginScripting

Maybe i can check the ~/.dovecot.lda-dupes file instead.
Is that file being deleted if the out of office is disabled, or is it cleaned only?

Thanks for your time.
Johan Hendriks