[Dovecot] UIDL and message migration

Javier japi76 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 22:52:09 EEST 2011

Hugo,

I have been there too.
Check if you are changing the server address in the e-mail client. If
you are doing so, most clients check uidls based on this (at least in
my tests).

If you keep the hostname intact and the uidls are the same, the
e-mails won't be downloaded again.  You can do this messing with the
hosts file in the client computer.

To check if the uidls are the same, just launch a telnet session in
both POP servers and issue a UIDL command and compare the output.

Javier