[Dovecot] sieve problem email silently discard

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Jun 22 11:21:25 EEST 2011

Op 22-6-2011 3:18, ml at smtp.fakessh.eu schreef:
> hello folks
> hello Timo
> hello all the guru
>
> I met a few times the problem or an email that passes through a sieve script
> is silently discard
> after delivery but never returned to the inbox
>
> all testimonials are welcome

We cannot say much about this problem, unless we get some more information:

1) What is your configuration? Provide the output of dovecot -n.

2) Is it reproducible somehow?

     - What is the Sieve script you see this behavior for? Or does it
happen for all users?

     - Is there a specific kind of incoming message that gets discarded
all the time?

3) Is there any error or other message in the logs that may explain this
behavior?

Regards,

Stephan.