[Dovecot] permissions for dbox attachment directory

imap at tnde.org imap at tnde.org
Sat Jun 25 10:58:55 EEST 2011

I am running dovecot 2.0.13 on CentOS5, set up with only local system
users, and single instance store set up in a single directory.

e.g.
mail_attachment_dir = /var/mail/attachments

I get errors when importing mail to IMAP because the attachment
directories are owned by the respective mail account user(s) and so cannot
be accessed or written to by other users.

Are there some user id setting I need to change, or do I have to run
dovecot with virtual users under a single system account?

Thanks!