[Dovecot] dovecot global sieve script problem

Dhaval Patel dhaval at patel.sh
Sun Jun 26 23:46:08 EEST 2011

I cutover to a new server which uses Postfix & Dovecot to handle emails as
opposed to Postfix & Courier in the old server.

Below is the contents of my global sieve script and dovecot config info. The
dovecot-deliver.log does show that the email is being delivered to INBOX.spam
but it ends up in the INBOX instead.

If I put the exact same rule in the user script, the emails are delivered into
the INBOX.spam folder. Currently as a work around, I created user rules for all
users and add this. For most users, it is the only rule.

So my question is, why does it not work with the global script? Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dhaval

------------ contents of globalsieverc -------------
require ["fileinto"];
# Move spam to spam folder
if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" ["YES"] {
  fileinto "INBOX.spam";
  stop;
}

------------ dovecot -n output ---------------------
# 1.2.15: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.32-5-686-bigmem i686 Debian 6.0.1 xfs
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
ssl_cert_file: /etc/ssl/certs/secure.consoe.com.pem
ssl_key_file: /etc/ssl/certs/secure.consoe.com.key
disable_plaintext_auth: no
verbose_ssl: yes
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
mail_privileged_group: mail
mail_location: maildir:/home/vmail/%u
mbox_write_locks: fcntl dotlock
namespace:
  type: private
  separator: .
  prefix: INBOX.
  inbox: yes
  list: yes
  subscriptions: yes
lda:
  postmaster_address: postmaster at patel.sh
  auth_socket_path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
  log_path: /home/vmail/dovecot-deliver.log
  mail_plugins: sieve
  global_script_path: /home/vmail/globalsieverc
auth default:
  mechanisms: plain login
  passdb:
    driver: sql
    args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
  userdb:
    driver: sql
    args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
  socket:
    type: listen
    client:
      path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-client
      mode: 432
    master:
      path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
      mode: 384
      user: vmail
      group: vmail
plugin:
  sieve: /home/vmail/sieve/%n.sieve
  sieve_global_path: /home/vmail/globalsieverc