[Dovecot] Sendmail + dovecot-lda + LDAP

Василий Яковлев vertigo69 at mail.ru
Mon Jun 27 17:14:29 EEST 2011

Hi,

I experince some problems with setting up Sendmail with the LDAP database for virtual mail accounts.

Why i'm not writing to the LDAP mailing list? I believe, that the reason of my problem is in configuring dovecot-deliver.

What i have:
 - FreeBSD
 - sendmail (Version 8.14.4 with LDAP support installed from ports)
 - Dovecot LDA + dovecot (as pop3/imap)
 - Cyrus Sasl (authdaemon for authentification)

1. Following http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sendmail i've set up deliver as LDA. Everything worked fine.
2. Following http://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/DovecotOpenLdap i've set up Dovecot to work with tha ldap. Now i can authorize through the client or web interface and get to my maildir.

3. Now, i want my sendmail to accept mail for the account in LDAP database.

sendmail.mc:

++++++++++++++++++++++
FEATURE(`local_procmail', `/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver',`/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $u')
MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`LOCAL', `-f')
define(`confLDAP_DEFAULT_SPEC', `-h "localhost" -b "dc=mydomain,dc=ru" -d "cn=dovecot,ou=accounts,dc=mydomain,dc=ru" -MLDAP_AUTH_SIMPLE -P /etc/mail/ldap_pass')dnl
LDAPROUTE_DOMAIN(`mydomain.ru')dnl
FEATURE(`ldap_routing', `null -T<TMPF>', `ldap -1 -T<TMPF> -v mail -k (&(objectclass=posixaccount)(mail=%0))', `passthru')dnl
MAILER(procmail)
++++++++++++++++++++++

After re-making the sendmail:

++++++++++++++++++++++
[root at test2 /etc/mail]# sendmail -bv -d60.1 test_user at mydomain.ru
map_lookup(dequote, test) => NOT FOUND (0)
map_lookup(host, mydomain.ru) => mydomain.ru. (0)
map_lookup(dequote, test_user) => NOT FOUND (0)
map_lookup(ldapmra, test_user at mydomain.ru) => test_user at mydomain.ru (0)
map_lookup(ldapmh, test_user at mydomain.ru) => NOT FOUND (68)
map_lookup(host, mydomain.ru) => mydomain.ru. (0)
map_lookup(dequote, test_user) => NOT FOUND (0)
map_lookup(virtuser, test_user at mydomain.ru) => NOT FOUND (0)
map_lookup(virtuser, @mydomain.ru) => NOT FOUND (0)
test_user at mydomain.ru... User unknown

It's the problem of the local delivery, i believe. Why? Because after sendmail getting an email it passes it to the LDA, which must check the LDAP (not the passwd!) database for the user, to which this email is send to.

Are there some possibilities to solve this problem?

I appreciate any help.