[Dovecot] hide sieve folder from imap clients

Benny Pedersen me at junc.org
Mon Jun 27 18:56:47 EEST 2011

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 14:30:28 +0200, Christopher Stolzenberg wrote:

> And what happens with existing imap accounts?

nothing

> Migration necessary?

yes, stop dovecot, and do the dirs renaming so all mailbox'es is in
.maildir pr mailbox

when done start dovecot, or use imapsync before change dovecot.conf
(rename folders before change dovecot, this saves time if you have more
then one mailbox to migrade)

google imapsync to find it

dont know if dovecot can do this with out external tools

> Will I lose much performance by maildir_stat_dirs = yes on an ext4
> filesystem with my current workaround?

is performance a workaround ?

and i dont know since i dont use it