[Dovecot] Virtual Servers

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Jun 27 23:03:13 EEST 2011

On 27/06/2011 19:40, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
> Maybe a little off-topic - but I hope not too much.
>
> Looking for some insight on setting up Dovecot under a virtual server.
> In particular, I use VirtualBox - and at the moment, Ubuntu Linux.

Although not an option you are currently using, I'm a huge fan of
linux-vservers for linux on linux virtualisation.  It doesn't offer
"full" virtualisation, but it's very secure and extremely lightweight.
If you also hardlink all the common files then you will even reduce your
RSS sizes across virtual machines due to the kernel using shared static
segments

Completely useless response to your question, but just a quick thumbs up
on a completely different way to slice your onion...

Good luck

Ed W